Top 10 Things To Be Carried With You While Motorcycle Touring
November 13, 2017Travel and Leisure
- Engine Guards – My engine was hit more than once with a large rock thrown up by a truck. Why take the chance of getting it damaged on a ride.
- Crash Guards – Simply laying a bicycle down in a parking lot can do plenty of expensive damage to the fairings and engine.
- Handguards – My present handguards are dinged and nicked in the many rocks which were thrown up by trucks and cars. If you are planning to go on a motorcycle tour then you should plan it with Tamarbikes, as TAMARBIKES offers special guided and self-guided tours.
- A GPS unit – Not essential but it sure is useful when you can not figure out where you’re. It may also help you discover the closest food and gas.
- 12 Volt Outlet – How many times has your mobile phone gone dead when you needed it most.
- Flat Kit – flat tires usually happen when you least expect them and at the most inconvenient places.
- Tank Bag w/Map Case – Particularly handy if you don’t have the GPS. This is where I store all of my maps and maintain the one I am using in full view in my tank.
- Rain Gear – Occasionally, riding in the rain isn’t a choice. Why get soaked?
- Carry Case or Panniers – You require somewhere to put things, including things you may buy on the excursion. I also use mine to save my $600. a helmet when I park.
- Camera – Okay, it’s not just an add-on, but you want to take Pictures! Everybody likes to see images from your trip, especially the people you left at home because they do not ride.